1. To promote and encourage the ethical breeding, training and responsible ownership of pure bred dogs, in particular the American Staffordshire Terrier.
2. To promote and raise the standards and exhibition of registered pure bred American Staffordshire Terriers within Victoria.
3. To affiliate with the Victorian Canine Association Inc / DOGS Victoria.
4. To promote the holding of exhibitions under the rules and regulations of the Victorian Canine Association Inc / DOGS Victoria.
5. To foster, promote and protect the interest of exhibitors of dogs at exhibitions and in particular the exhibitors of American Staffordshire Terriers.
6. To educate and encourage members, breeders and judges to abide by the requirements and standards approved by the Victorian Canine Association/ DOGS Victoria for conduct at exhibitions and shows.
7. To collect, verify and publish information relating to the ethical breeding, training and responsible ownership and exhibition of American Staffordshire Terriers.
8. To hold meetings / functions relating to American Staffordshire Terriers and to the purpose of the American Staffordshire Terrier Club of Victoria Inc. in general.
9. To foster relations with other Clubs and Bodies with similar interests and aims.
10. To promote good fellowship and sportsmanship amongst members and those participating in or attending exhibitions and shows.
11. To carry on such other activities as to promote and encourage responsible dog ownership, interest in the ethical breeding, upkeep and training of the general wellbeing and improvement of the American Staffordshire Terrier and to do all such other things as may be necessary or conductive to carrying out the objects of the American Staffordshire Terrier Club of Victoria Inc.
12. To oppose by legal means any introduction or further extension of any breed specific or breed referencing legislation relating to the American Staffordshire Terrier.
13. To inform members of, and make known to them, the laws and regulations of the State relating to the ownership and care of American Staffordshire Terriers, and the responsibility of owners for the conduct and actions of their dogs.
14. And above all to enjoy ourselves and the company of our dogs.